Windows 7 Screen problems.

Justin123

So I'm new to the forum, and I was hoping you guys can help me with a problem I have with one of my laptops. So the laptop I'm having trouble with is the one I use for fiction writting and I'm worried that if I dont get help or find out what's happening all my work will get deleted. So the problem I am having is from time to time my screen like has a defect, it goes crazy it starts to flicker. I usually move the screen and it stops flickering, but at times it takes a couple minutes to come back to normal. I heard that it's usually a loose wire, which I am thinking it is because I reaaly dont handle with care my laptop. It's chipped from the top right side of the side screen and I also noticed It's missing a screw in the sides. Any help guys? If it helps I'm a try to upload some pictures tommorow. Any help is greatly appriciated.

For a start backup your important data before it's to late external HDs are cheap. Do it as soon as possible.
Joe

The backup is a great idea, then you won't have to worry about losing your data.

In my experience, the wire going up through the hinges to the LCD panel can be the problem. If it is, sometimes repositioning the lid might help. Using an external monitor might help verify the problem, but not always.

Hi

I'm just popping in to emphasize the "Back UP Your Data!!!" message.

Never have anything important on only one drive.
I'm hyper I have 4 external drives.

As Joe S said, external hard drives are cheap, and they are also easy to use, just plug it into a USB port and your set to go.

I agree with Saltgrass, this sounds like the connection between the computer and the screen.
You might want to take it to someone who does this kind of repair, but not until you back up your data.

Mike

Back