Windows 7 screen resolution changes with restart

adrian eccles

I am new to windows 7 so there may be an obvious soultion to this problem that i have not found. My screen resolution keeps defaulting to 720X480 when i reboot my computer. I have the computer plugged into my tv as i am using w7 mediacenter software. The mediacenter is connected to tv the by s-video.

the graphics card i am using is a PCI power color radeon hd 2400.

I have tried the card with the drivers that come with w7 also with the vista drivers and also with and without the ati control center software and the resolution still defaults to 720x480 with reboot. Its really doing my head in :mad:. i would like to be able to use the ati software as this allows the resizing and centering of the desktop on my CRT widescreen tv

can anyone help?

cheers

i do not use mediacenter but power dvd, when i drag power dvd to my tv the power dvd screen wil appear in high res but when u play a movie it wil set 720x480 i think that's the res of jour tv screen

for examle in a higher res its possible that a window or desktop wil be bigger then the actual size of jour tv but when playing a movie it wil always fit jour screen

i don't know if it has anything to do with your poblem?

Last edited:
Back