Windows Vista Screen Saver or Sleep Mode Won't Work

luvflt

I have yet another propblem with my new computer running Vista Home Premium. I noticed that I set up my screen saver to be a certain screen. I set the time for 5 minutes. I have never seen this come on yet. I have left the computer sitting there for hours and the screen never changes. I set the time for 1 minute and nothing happens. My old monitor would go into sleep mode but this one does nothing. I tried changing the power settings and nothing happens there either. I have had nothing but problems with this system since I got it. I never had trouble with XP. Is this a function of my monitor (HPw2207h) or Windows????

Hmm... sure you haven't got anything running that might styop it activating?

Ok well further research determined this is another Vista Issue. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse. This is a know issue that when using a wireless keyboard or mouse Vista will not allow the screen saver or the sleep functions to work. The fix is an optional download from Microsoft Windows Update it is call the HID Update Non-user Input Data Filter. I downloaded this and now it works like a champ. I guess this would be good for others to know as well. Well that is one issue down and one issue to go.

Gald to hear you got it sorted and thanks for the update. As you say, it also helps others by providing a conclusion to your problem..

Back
Top Bottom