Windows 7 Screenshots

RBCC

One of these files is a screenshot from the control panel off the startmenu, i know in shell32.dll, the pictures are 622 and 623. But which is for which?
How do i add a background picture to 'all programs' off the startmenu.
john:eek::)

Attachments

• cpanel.jpg
    cpanel.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 481
  • allp.png
    allp.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 462
One of these files is a screenshot from the control panel off the startmenu, i know in shell32.dll, the pictures are 622 and 623. But which is for which?
How do i add a background picture to 'all programs' off the startmenu.
john:eek::)

Have you heard of Stardock WindowBlinds? Haven't used it in years, but it will accomodate all sorts of advanced customization. There are rumors Stardock has worked with Microsoft to create the desktop themeing system that currently exists in Windows, but this is not confirmed. It is a great product for those on the splurge for the ultimate looking desktop. This company also developed the cult video game Galactic Civilizations. More info: Stardock.com - Your Edge In Software

Windowblinds

Windowblinds doesn't allow you to color the "all programs" part of the startmenu! John

which dLL's?

Which dll's?, why would it kill my updates? John

Last edited:
Which dll's?, why would it kill my updates? John

Hex editing binaries is an old method of reverse engineering code, but this violates the license agreement. I dont even know which one it would be. You would probably have to alter explorer or some files associated with explorer to do it. If WindowBlinds can't do it, chances are there is a really good reason as to why it can't be done.

The Windows system files are digitally signed by Microsoft. When you altercate them or a virus does this, they inherently lose their digital signature because that signature file is associated with a checksum. So there is a good chance that when a major update is released, you may find that the installer will refuse to update the file or some unknown error may occur.

These are all hypotheticals, but I highly doubt it is possible to edit it at this time. This is just my opinion, while others may have a different answer. If you really want to make your computer desktop look outlandishly different, WindowBlinds has always been "the program" to do this, and seeing that the functionality isn't even in that program, when so much else is, it gives the impression to me that you're out of luck on thiis one. It is likely hard-coded into one of the system files and can in no way be modified.

I try to think of way to solve this problem for you, like use your graphics card control panel to modify the gamma or vibrance on your monitor, but really none of that makes any sense. Your computer will look completely messed up. I know of no way to help you on this.. although the idea of doing so, of course, intrigues me.

Back
Top Bottom