Windows 7 SD-Card Problem

PcBoyGeorge

Hey,

Im using Windows 7 Build 7229.

Its all fine except this problem.

My pc- HP G60- 115EM has a built in card-slot. I use my sd card with it. The sd card works fine. But every so often it decides to go wrong. When i go to "Computer" and select SD Card it takes ages to load. Then after it will freeze explorer. Then when i shut down the computer it will idle at logging off so i have to do a hard shut-down. This has happened lots of times. I have no yellow flags in the device manager and my card slot driver is up to date. Please help. This is annoying since i use my sd card alot. And this dosent happen in Vista.

Sounds like a driver issue.. ;) Do you have the most recent Windows Vista driver installed or a Windows 7 specific driver installed? I'd go to the manufacturer's site and see if they have a Windows 7 specific driver out yet, if they do then try installing that (after removing the old driver), if they don't and you already have the most recent Vista driver installed then unfortunately you might have to wait until a Win 7 driver is released for it.. ;)

I agree with Radenight,,, however I would add... you are using 7229, so any newer drivers might work fine in RTM and be broken in the older build.

Not saying that is the case, but it is possible.
Meaning, if driver updates are not working, wait till Oct 22 and get the official RTM, then see if the problem continues... if so,, continue trouble shooting with your PC Manufacturer on potential driver problems.

Also,, try a different SD Card.

Back
Top Bottom