Windows 7 Search files

sniffles

How can I get my old XP File search program back? I really dislike this new version of searching files in Windows 7. In XP it was so easy Click Start - Search - File and Folders. Now it Click on Windows Explorer - click on Computers - click in the search windows type in your search. I'm still trying to figure out how to search all drives on my computer. You would think that all you need to do is click on computer, but no that doesn't work. I would have to click on each drive to find my file that I am looking for.

Sniffles :mad::mad::mad:

I would suggest you download this free Windows Explorer replacement which has the greatest search feature I've come across.

You can download it here:
Powerdesk 6 Free Download

On the Start Menu, choose File Finder.

It's at least 5 times faster than Windows 7 search and has tons of options.

I'd pin it to the taskbar for easy access.

BTW, when you install, uncheck all boxes on the one screen.

i have not used Win7 but have been using the search feature of Vista, and i am really P$%^ed off with it. is it like same in Win7 too? can you show some screen shots?

Thanks reghakr, the File finder that is part of this Power Desk software works great, but I would not recommend to integrate this software. When installing Uncheck All Boxes. :razz:

I do not like the search feature of windows 7 either. I really don't know how to use it. I also liked Win XP's interface of searaching files and folders with one click.

Back in June, RegHakr recommended to someone "Everything Search Engine". Now I see Power Desk 6 is the recommendation. But, when I go to the link provided in abve post, the web page freezes. I tried several times. I am confused which is the best program to use.

Thank you!
Cissy

Thank you very much! I have downloaded and installed and UNCHECKED everything as suggested above. I am now going to see if it works for me and get back to ya :) :D:D

No problem,. it also brings up hidden features in Windows

Try the Send To menu

Ando, you'll also notice a new entry named copy Path.

Thank you. I also two drives (dual boot) and I like that both drives now can be scanned when looking for a file/folder. It works FAST too. Of course, I don't have tons of files, so that hels :)

This is so terrific! :)

Back