Windows 10 Second monitor

RancidGravy

Hello.

So when I connect only my TV as intended 1. monitor, everything is fine. As soon as I connect a 2. monitor (actual PC monitor), windows detects the 2. one as monitor number 1, even when I set the actual first one as my main monitor. I have no idea how to fix that and my patience with this has found it's limit more than once. I haven't found ANY answer to this besides "change the monitor you want as main one to "main monitor" in the display settings, which does exactly nothing. Everything is displayed, as if monitor 1 was number 1, but it aint. My intended main monitor is displayed as monitor 2 in the display settings.

Is just want my main monitor to be monitor 1, and my second monitor to be number 2.

PLEASE, if anyone can help, I beg you. There must be a solution to this, and my head is near explosion everytime I try to fix it, because when searching for an answer, it seems like there is none.

So are you saying both monitors do connect but are mirrored?
Both monitors do connect, yes. When only my main monitor is connected and I start the PC, the AORUS loading screen appears on that monitor. But when I connect a second monitor and start the PC, the AORUS loading screen appears on the second screen and switches to main monitor when the windows login screen pops up. That's why I thought, that my PC is detecting the second screen as first one.

Pre Windows loading I don't think you have a choice. It will load on the first output on the video card which is not changeable. Once in Windows you have the option of setting the main, secondary ect.

If you can physically swap the the cables on the video card you can solve the issue, but I believe that is the only way to achieve the desired outcome.

Pre Windows loading I don't think you have a choice. It will load on the first output on the video card which is not changeable. Once in Windows you have the option of setting the main, secondary ect.
Well, that I did not know. I also thought, that my secondary display being display 1 in the windows settings and vice versa was an indicator for windows detecting them wrong. But I get a slight feeling, that my lack of knowledge and misunderstanding of the matter lead me to a false conclusion...

If you can physically swap the the cables on the video card you can solve the issue, but I believe that is the only way to achieve the desired outcome.
Well, the AORUS loading screen thing doesn't really bother me, just saw it as an indicator.

I think, your "Pre Windows loading I don't think you have a choice." answer cleared it up for me. Since I thought, the monitors in the display settings are supposed to be numbered like the physical ones, -which does not seem to be true-, I seemingly have misinterpreted it and stressed myself for nothing.

So thank you very much for taking your time to help me understand my problem and sorry for being an idiot that overthinks stuff like this.

Back
Top Bottom