Windows 7 Serial port problem- can't see assignments

eaglescout1984

So, I am trying to get an Arduino board to connect to my Windows 7 machine. However, after installing the drivers, I can't see which port it is assigned to. There is no "Ports (COM and LPT)" listed in the device manger, and if I bring up the properties for the device it does give me location "Port_#0001.Hub_#0004"
However, COM1 is the default, and that doesn't work and if I try to place "Port_#0001.Hub_#0004" or just COM4 as the Port, it still doesn't connect. How can I figure out which port this is assigned to?

I tried all that. But it seems it assumes you can view port assignments like you can in XP and Vista. Which is why I'm posting this on a Windows 7 forum, because I have no idea where the traditional port assignments are.

I tried all that. But it seems it assumes you can view port assignments like you can in XP and Vista. Which is why I'm posting this on a Windows 7 forum, because I have no idea where the traditional port assignments are.

Control Panel>System>Device manager>Ports (com & lpt)

If you don't see anything there click view and than hidden devices.

If not showing there than they may be using a propriatary device manager, or WIN7 is not installing the drivers correctly. devmgr.jpg

Yeah, that did the trick. You gotta love these security features that make it hard to do anything with your computer.

Back
Top Bottom