Server says it's full but it's not

Hello, I'm having trouble with my server - whenever I try to copy a file from an external hard drive to a folder in my network server, a window pops up saying the space is full. However, I know that there should be space. The server holds about 1 TB of data and there is currently only 200 GB or so. Furthermore, I have recently deleted about 700 GB of data so there should be space. No matter how much I delete, the window keeps popping up. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? Thanks!

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hello, I'm having trouble with my server - whenever I try to copy a file from an external hard drive to a folder in my network server, a window pops up saying the space is full. However, I know that there should be space. The server holds about 1 TB of data and there is currently only 200 GB or so. Furthermore, I have recently deleted about 700 GB of data so there should be space. No matter how much I delete, the window keeps popping up. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? Thanks!
Hi

This is probably a dumb answer, but is there any chance that the 700 Gb of deleted files is still in the Recycle Bin?

Mike

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.