Windows 10 Several BSODs

punkrose99

Ever since updating to Windows 10 I have had several BSODs (at least one a day most of the time if not more) except for a few week period a couple weeks ago. There is no pattern to the crashes (I've had them happen when I'm on the Internet, when I open up my computer, when I click to open a folder, etc.). I'm not a genius with technology or anything but I don't really want to have to find someone to fix this for me if it's something as easy as installing/uninstalling something. If someone can help me that would be great! My most recent crash was system_service_exception but most of them have been bad_pool_caller. I know I'm supposed to put minidumps or something on here but I'm not really sure how, but if you tell me how I'll definitely do it!

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800fb21ccb4, ffffd00025ad64c0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfeaack.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfeaack.sys
Probably caused by : mfeaack.sys ( mfeaack+1ccb4 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
your dump files were pretty similar in that they blamed a driver for corrupting pooled memory. The only driver that get's a mention is for McAfee AV suite with it cropping up time and again. The other thing which became obvious was the state of your drivers which are extremely old.
Please uninstall Mcafee and just use the default Defender as this is ultra stable. Actually Windows 10 Defender is almost a straight copy of Microsoft's server AV and is much better than previous versions.

Laptop drivers are almost exclusively supplied by the manufacturer. I checked your support page and even though they do have Windows 10 drivers for your machine they don't have win 10 drivers for everything such as the network driver. So use a combination of the drivers found in the windows 8.1 section and the windows 10 section. That way you should be able to update pretty much everything:
Product Support | Dell US

Post any new dump files.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800fb21ccb4, ffffd00025ad64c0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfeaack.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfeaack.sys
Probably caused by : mfeaack.sys ( mfeaack+1ccb4 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
your dump files were pretty similar in that they blamed a driver for corrupting pooled memory. The only driver that get's a mention is for McAfee AV suite with it cropping up time and again. The other thing which became obvious was the state of your drivers which are extremely old.
Please uninstall Mcafee and just use the default Defender as this is ultra stable. Actually Windows 10 Defender is almost a straight copy of Microsoft's server AV and is much better than previous versions.

Laptop drivers are almost exclusively supplied by the manufacturer. I checked your support page and even though they do have Windows 10 drivers for your machine they don't have win 10 drivers for everything such as the network driver. So use a combination of the drivers found in the windows 8.1 section and the windows 10 section. That way you should be able to update pretty much everything:
Product Support | Dell US

Post any new dump files.
TY!! I'll be sure to do this! Once I unstall McAfee is there anything I need to do to activate Defender?

Back
Top Bottom