Windows 7 Several Issues!

iPhillip

Hi, I'm new here but...

I have several issues first of all Windows 7 fails to install drivers for my sound card,

and it doesn't pick up a second partition on one of my internal HDDs, it is NTFS so it should be picked up?

I'm runnign dual boot with XP at the moment, thanks for any help :redface:

Hello there,

As for your sound driver.. you say Windows 7 fails to install it.. well are you trying to install a driver through Windows Update? or manually? If your trying through Windows Update than I'd suggest searching for the latest Windows Vista driver for your sound card (if there's not a Windows 7 specific driver out for it currently) and manually installing it... That should work a little better for ya.. ;)

As for it not picking up the second partition on your HDD... is the partition it's not picking up the one that you have Windows XP installed on? Because if it is, then that's perfectly normal.. Win 7 doesn't "see" a partition that Windows XP is installed on.. I'm not 100% sure as to why that is.. but that's normal. It doesn't mean that the partition is no longer there, it just doesn't "see" it.. It is a little confusing though because if you boot into Windows XP you CAN in fact see the partition that Win 7 is installed on.. so I can understand your confusion there.. but not to worry.. it's normal.. :)

Thanks for that, I had to assign the partition a drive letter and now it works.

As for the Sound card, manually installing is still done through Device manager but I select a .zip file or something right?

or download the vista drivers from the manufacturers website and follow the install instructions on it.

or you could use something like 7zip and unzip the file, put it in a folder of your choosing and manually install the drivers through the device manager.

Hi, I'm new here but...

I have several issues first of all Windows 7 fails to install drivers for my sound card,

and it doesn't pick up a second partition on one of my internal HDDs, it is NTFS so it should be picked up?

I'm runnign dual boot with XP at the moment, thanks for any help :redface:
concerning the unrecognized drive partition...
does the disk management tool show that the drive has a drive letter assigned to it ? i had a drive go missing until a reassigned it a drive letter.

Back
Top Bottom