Windows Vista Shoot To Kill-Up And Coming NVIDIA

No mention of the GT200 I see... It gives a little idea of how things are going though..

No mention of the GT200 I see... It gives a little idea of how things are going though..
Hi! Do you think my little 66 hundred plus model will be able to adapt??? It was made to last for 5 years.... The memory improvement wouldn't be bad, already I can use RAM, and I've noticed it having trouble fathoming certain speed concepts.

My notebook for example, it's not a year old. I've been surveying the latest models at HP. They have a notebook were the screen or monitor swivels either direction, now these gpu's. Maybe they won't make them to fit my model.

Notebooks and laptops gpu wise are quite different to desktops and usually not interchangable.

You'd think but then again I've never actually seen a laptop graphics card so I'm unsure as to how easy they are to fit.

Yup, I'm pretty sure you can't change em.. This is where laptops and the like fall down in my view unless there is an enthusiast community I'm unaware of..

Yup......onboard graphics sucks!!!!! particularly if you want to run vista with the full aero package.
I hav'e tried twice to run vista on my laptop but despite increasing the memory from 1 to 2GB it still struggles.
However XP runs great so now you see how I have my foot in both camps in the XP/Vista debate.
Whatever people try to tell you, onboard and vista does not work !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that Kemical!!
I am "playing around" with these tweaks to see what one works best.
I am also using TweakHound to reduce the Services running to the minimum.
Perhaps if it is "lean & mean" it will cope better with vista.
And before you say anything Fatboy, I have no intention of using a hammer!!!!!

Cheers guys & gals

Great! Let us know which one you find works best and what it actually achieves..
Are you guys getting some of this hot weather up there in bonnie Scotland? Phew, it's certainly putting my cooling to the test and I'm not just talking about the pc!

I'm sure I read that you could tweak vista to look like the aero was running?
I'll see if I can find the article and then post back...

This is one I found by googling:
TweakVista.com - Enable Vista Glass on Compatible Hardware

Here's another :
Windows Vista Aero UI Registry Tweaks

and another :
Enable Vista Aero in Windows Vista Home Basic

Hope these are a help superbill :)

Yep.....Its been a hot one too here across the border..........
TweakVista.com appears to be the best option so I will keep monitoring results.
Big day today for the "Footie" & "F1" ......Roll on Monte Carlo/hoping to be there.

I follow F1 but football not so much... I thought Hamilton drove amazingly well today, glad to see him back where he belongs (up front).. How about you, Mclaren or Ferrari?

I follow F1 but football not so much... I thought Hamilton drove amazingly well today, glad to see him back where he belongs (up front).. How about you, Mclaren or Ferrari?

I have a pal who does some work for Red Bull so I usually keep an eye on their progress. I also keep "tapping" him up for tickets for the European venues.
When did we last see a release off a F1 game?????????

Really? Wow, it's a shame they're up for sale (Red Bull I mean).. Talking of F1 games, I've just been reading that Codemasters have bought the F1 licence:
Fudzilla
So you may be seeing a new game sooner than you thought..:cool:

Hi Kemical

Its the Toro Rosso team that's up for sale, my pal works with Red Bull Racing and I envy him like mad!!
Had a look at the Codemasters site for info. on F1 games. There is a download demo for a game called GRID....a mere 893MB......Do you know anything about it?????

LOL...I've just signed in to tell you about it! It's AWESOME! Best racing game I've played.... A total and utter grin. You have to sign up to the site to dwonload it but it's worth it... I may even purchase the game and I've never bought a racing game before...

I'm sure they said it was Red Bull but then again I was going from room to room at the time so I'll take your word for it.. And yes your friend is very lucky.. I'd love just to get near one of those things!!

Back