short cut to screensaver settings?

is there a way to create a shortcut to the screensaver settings screen?

i have a fingerprint reader, and so i use my screensaver as a security measure when i leave my computer for a while, and don't want to close my email or other important personal apps. but i get tired of having to go through the motions of getting to the screensaver settings screen. having a quick shortcut, would help a lot.

ok bear with me :) , a nifty little hack I saw either here or another forum which i use is

To setup a link to access all shortcuts in start menu :
Right click the desktop , Mouse over:New, Click: Shortcut.
In the location window paste C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Click: Next
Name it something like "All Tasks" or something similar.
It will give you a shortcut to all the different settings you can make in windows 7

now open that shortcut you've just created and scroll down to "personalization and turn screen saver on or off" and right click create shortcut ..........

this will provide a shortcut on your desktop directly to your screensaver :cool:

GREAT!!! that is an excellent suggestion, and works like a charm. thank you so much. i use object dock, which is a WONDERFUL application, because i don't allow any shortcuts on my desktop. but i just put the shortcut on the object dock, and it is so much more convenient. thanks again, i appreciate it.

is there a way to create a shortcut to the screensaver settings screen? .

Click "start" and type and enter "SA"

And if that's not easy enough... create a SHORTCTUT and put this in

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,1

If this tip doesn't get repped from the little heart above.. then folks just don't know how difficult it is to come up with these solutions.

Your tip was a good one too.. mr MAY I had that one in my first blog here. You have been doing your homework.

Click "start" and type and enter "SA"

And if that's not easy enough... create a SHORTCTUT and put this in

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,1

If this tip doesn't get repped from the little heart above.. then folks just don't know how difficult it is to come up with these solutions.
I just got here via a Google search for creating this shortcut. It works beautifully in Windows 7 Home Premium. Thumbs up!

Big Al Mintaka

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.