Windows 10 shotcut menue

rkfjr

win10 pro how do I get more chioses in my menu?? I r clic desktop select NEW the only option is folder how do I get shotcut and other options in this menu?

win10 pro how do I get more chioses in my menu?? I r clic desktop select NEW the only option is folder how do I get shotcut and other options in this menu?
I'm assuming you mean Start menu?

If you right click an application icon you should see options to place in Start menu like so:

st.jpg

You can also change certain settings so that you have more choices within the start menu. See my screenshots on how to enable:

Right click the Task Bar and click Task Bar settings from the revealed list.
st1.jpg

Look over to the left for 'Start' and click that.
st2.jpg

I've arrowed the options which give you more shortcut options
st3.jpg

If you mean something else then please ignore the above and post again including more details on your issue.

Have you tried dragging and dropping the shortcut?

Let's say you have a shortcut in the start menu then simply left click the icon but keep left click held down. You can now drag the shortcut to the desktop or wherever for that matter.

I have tried that I drag to desktop it shows the shotcut link the it goes out. no shotcut on desktop ? I went to run / shell:sendto and made a shotcut there thank you for help rkf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom