Windows 7 show desktop

UnKnOwN

i noticed the show desktop is on the right side, is it possible to move it back to the left side like how it always was?

Hmmm,

Do you have an icon like in Vista?

Am I missing something here. I don't have a Show deskop on the taskbar.

The only way I see to show the desktop is by ricght-clicking on the taskbar and choosing show the desktop

i dont use vista so i cant say for certain, but i know in windows xp, windows ME, and 98 all have a show desktop icon on the quick launch bar.

First go to Control panel > Folder Options, click, the View tab and choose Show hidden files,folder,and drives, then uncheck hide file extensions for unknown types and uncheck hide protected operating system files.

The only way I've found this can be done is by opening Windows Explorer to:

C;\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet explorer\Quick Launch

Now drag the shortcuts named Show Desktop and Switch between windows icons to the desktop and choose copy here.

You now have the same features as Vista. Open a bunch of windows, then choose switch between windows. Pretty cool!

I tried adding them to the taskbar, but it wouldn't allow me.

You can, however, right-click on any shortcut and choose pin to taskbar

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm,

Do you have an icon like in Vista?

Am I missing something here. I don't have a Show deskop on the taskbar.

The only way I see to show the desktop is by ricght-clicking on the taskbar and choosing show the desktop

If you look at the right side of the task bar, you will notice a vertical grey rectangle (just to the right of the time shown on the task bar). Put your mouse pointer over it and wait a few seconds or click that rectangle and the desktop will appear.

Thanks,

Tried it, but it left, but it displays the rectangle from the last active window. Then as soon as you move your mouse, the last window reappears.

Show Desktop allows you to have a complete view of the desktop, without any window popping up. Also, if you have a lot of icons on your desktop that you want to use, as soon as the window opens they are hidden from view.

IMHO I prefer the Show Desktop and Switch between windows better

Thanks,

Tried it, but it left, but it displays the rectangle from the last active window. Then as soon as you move your mouse, the last window reappears.

Show Desktop allows you to have a complete view of the desktop, without any window popping up. Also, if you have a lot of icons on your desktop that you want to use, as soon as the window opens they are hidden from view.

IMHO I prefer the Show Desktop and Switch between windows better

Click it and its like the old show desktop buttons.

Back
Top Bottom