Windows 10 Fixed!!! Shut down Delays after latest update Windows 10 Pro

LamprosGR

After have installed the latest Windows 10 pro update the system takes very long to shut down.
It is a Dell Vostro 5470 Intell Core I5
The screen goes off but HD spins (I can hear it) only power led is on... It goes Off after 4-5 minutes.
Thanks all

Last edited:
Follow these steps:

Press the Start key and type the word CMD or Powershell, right click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator, enter the following commands one by one followed by the Enter key:

•- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
•- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
•- DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
•- sfc /scannow

Follow these steps:

Press the Start key and type the word CMD or Powershell, right click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator, enter the following commands one by one followed by the Enter key:

•- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
•- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
•- DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
•- sfc /scannow

Dear AdrianG001,
Thank you for the response.
I followed your guideline
No errors were found.
I timed the shutdown 5 min 45 sec.
No improvement was achieved though.
At the last 30-40 seconds before shut down, disc led was almost continuously on and fans were spinning at top speed.
Is there anything else I could try?
I have already run Dell Diagnostics (F12).
Thanks again

Have you installed anything new? Typically Windows will notify programs to shutdown, some may not comply and may be keeping the system up.

Have you installed anything new? Typically Windows will notify programs to shutdown, some may not comply and may be keeping the system up.
I can recall installing software for an endoscopic camera and a windows update. But I did some system restore to a restore point before that date...

Hi All,
I noticed that when selecting "Sleep" the computer was shutting down...
I searched a little and came up with the following link:
I just followed Method 2 and ooooops! Everything is fixed... Now Computer shuts down very fast like new!!!
Thank you all for your suggestions!!!

Back
Top Bottom