Shutdown/restart dialog?

kenw232

Extraordinary Member
I need to make a shortcut to bring up the shutdown/restart dialog box. The same dialog that comes up when you hit ALT-F4 on the desktop as Admin. In Windows Server 2012 R2. Anyone know how to trigger that?

Thanks.

So you want an icon that (when pressed) makes a textbox appear on your own desktop?

Any such code would be treated as an executable by the security settings (especially on a server) and blocked or at the very least you would be asked to confirm its permissions. What is the concept of this code i.e. is it just something that can be added to a group policy to run at start up or does it have to be an "on click" scenario?

Any such code would be treated as an executable by the security settings (especially on a server) and blocked or at the very least you would be asked to confirm its permissions. What is the concept of this code i.e. is it just something that can be added to a group policy to run at start up or does it have to be an "on click" scenario?

Absolutely what ussnorway said. Creating a shortcut to shut any server machine down is bad practice and dangerous ground.

Petebata suggested using the CMD window and this for admins is the preferred way unless of course you needed to do it out of hours, then GPO would be the best option.

run shutdown ? for a list of options in the cmd window

Back