Windows 7 SightSpeed Recordings

Cheemag

Extraordinary Member
SightSpeed Recordings [SOLVED]

There is a "SightSpeed Recordings" direcory in my documents folder.

It seems to hold no more than copies of what's in the documents folder itself.

What is its purpose and can I remove it?

Regards,

Cheemag.

Last edited:
From all the reseach I've done, I would say remove it but, also, run Malwarebytes & the MSE scan... it may well indicate malware in your machine. Do the removal from Programs & Features & the folder will likely be gone after that; if not, delete then

Seems odd to me how it's in your machine & yet, you know nothing of it. Here's some related reading, sightspeed recordings - Bing

Regards,
Drew

From all the reseach I've done, I would say remove it but, also, run Malwarebytes & the MSE scan... it may well indicate malware in your machine. Do the removal from Programs & Features & the folder will likely be gone after that; if not, delete then

Seems odd to me how it's in your machine & yet, you know nothing of it. Here's some related reading, sightspeed recordings - Bing

Thanks Drew. I've deleted it and a few other empty directories in that folder.

Malwarebytes can find no malware ... never does ...

Regards.

Cheemag

Hi Cheemag,
It will come back as it has with me. I think it comes back when i use either Skype,Windows Messenger (Video calls) or the Logitech Video cam software. I have not been able to pin point. If you do let me know.
Thank you,
Toms

Hi Cheemag,
It will come back as it has with me. I think it comes back when i use either Skype,Windows Messenger (Video calls) or the Logitech Video cam software. I have not been able to pin point. If you do let me know.
Thank you,
Toms

I've since reinstalled XP and it hasn't come back since. I don't use any of these programmes you mention, so fingers crossed.

:: Cheemag ::

Re: SightSpeed Recordings [SOLVED]

This is coming from Logitech Vid HD software that you have installed on your computer. This software is the version of software from Logitech that is like Skype or MSN Messenger that you would use to make video calls. Every time you open the Logitech Vid HD software it deposits the folde for the sight speed recordings in your computer to deposit recorded videos that you might do. You can get rid of it but it will just come back again when you open Logitech Vid HD software.

This is coming from Logitech Vid HD software that you have installed on your computer. This software is the version of software from Logitech that is like Skype or MSN Messenger that you would use to make video calls. Every time you open the Logitech Vid HD software it deposits the folde for the sight speed recordings in your computer to deposit recorded videos that you might do. You can get rid of it but it will just come back again when you open Logitech Vid HD software.
TomS

Back