Skype Update

Well, as usual, the built in updater doesn't work....I had to re-download and install skype to get the new version. I got it none the less...thanks.

A new Version 6.20.0.104 of the communications utility Skype has been released. A full changelog is not yet available.
New update contains spell checker and a new user interface.

Last edited:
Mine say 6.20.0.104 and using the update tab under tools in skype...says I have the latest version all ready. WTH, why can't they (MS) fix this?

So I had to do it the old fashioned way, but I'm running the latest version now.

Bassfisher6522 let me know about Skypes latest release. A new desktop version of skype. It's a bit like the old Metro skype and normal desktop skype mixed together. See the blog below:

Improved Skype desktop clients for a dynamic new chat experience
10/09/2014 in Garage & Updates by Tom Huang

Today we’re excited to announce Skype for Mac 7.0 as well as the preview for the new Skype for Windows – both of which have been redesigned to make it easier to chat and share. If you’re already using Skype on mobile, you’ll recognize some of these changes. We’ve made the Skype experience consistent whether you are using your mobile device or your desktop PC. Now, you’ll see thumbnail pictures of your contacts, a new bubble-style chat design, and consistent icons for chat, video calls and audio calls.

Figure 1 The new chat experience on Skype for Windows desktop

Here are the things you should try when you download Skype for Mac 7.0 and thepreview for the new Skype for Windows.

Improved chat experience

For the last year we’ve dedicated a lot of time to refresh the chat experience in Skype. We’ve brought more improvements to the desktop. Photos in your new Skype for Windows and Mac apps show up as you’d expect, beautifully displayed for your instant viewing. On Windows, there’s more spacing between contacts and chats, as well as message previews for unread chats, making it even easier to follow conversations.

Figure 2 Photos shared are displayed inline on Skype for Mac 7.0

We’ve made improvements to other types of file sharing, too. When you share file types like Office documents and PDFs, you’ll see file icons displayed to make it easier to visually scan for and find different files in your chat history.

Chat and call simultaneously with one click

People love multi-tasking. Many of you already exchange IMs while on a live call today. With the new side-by-side design, you can effortlessly multi-task on a voice or video call. On Mac, it only takes one click. Share messages, photos or files for a more active conversation together, without ever leaving your call.

Figure 3 Side-by-side call and chat on Skype for Mac 7.0

Free group video calls

Skype loves bringing groups together—so, last but not least, the free group video calls we previously announced work better than ever on the redesigned Skype for Mac and Windows.

Figure 4 Free group video call on Skype for Windows desktop

The journey of delivering the best communication experience doesn’t end here. We’re still working relentlessly on several exciting improvements and new features. Stay tuned for more great stuff. In the meantime,

download Skype for Mac 7.0 and the new preview for Windows desktop. Give it a try, and let us know what you think. We’ll be closely following your feedback onTwitter, Facebook, and the Skype Community.

ref:
http://blogs.skype.com/2014/10/09/improved-skype-desktop-clients-for-a-dynamic-new-chat-experience/

Last edited:
Me, too, also, thanks to Jim. Latest version is 6.21.85.104

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

A new Version 6.22.81.104 of the communications utility Skype has been released. Skype has now finalized it's new look for the windows desktop:

The Redesigned Skype for Windows Desktop
10/29/2014 in Garage & Updates by Elaine Ansell

You’ve been waiting and now it’s here. A few weeks ago, we told you about the preview of Skype for Windows Desktop. Today, the final release of the improved Skype is here to download. You will enjoy the best of Skype: an easier way to chat, share and see photos, message and video calls side by side, and free group video conversations.

Oh, and don’t forget to look out for the super-sized emoticons.
ref:
http://blogs.skype.com/2014/10/29/the-redesigned-skype-for-windows-desktop/

Download:
http://www.skype.com/en/download-sk...ck-_-the-redesigned-skype-for-windows-desktop

A new Version 7.0.0.100 of the communications utility Skype has been released.
Last year we made it possible for Skype and Lync customers around the world to connect with each other from across these platforms using instant messaging and audio calling. Today marks the next stage in this journey: we’re excited to announce that Skype users can now video call their Skype contacts on Lync, and vice versa! This means Skype and Lync customers can reach even more colleagues, partners and customers, streamlining communications across both work and life.
ref:
http://blogs.skype.com/2014/12/05/skype-and-lync-deliver-video-calls/

Skype seems to have been updated to 7.0.0.102 although as of yet I haven't seen any notification or changelog. Check your updates tab found under the Help button.

It's useless to use that updates tab that's found under the Help tab......it always and I mean always says I have the latest version. As it does right now. The only way for me to get the latest update is to go to skype's website and re-download the entire software again. For what ever reason it's always been this way for me...not matter what OS I'm using, or if I've just did a clean install....that update tab always says I have the latest version...bunch of horse hockey!!!!!

In your opinion you mean... I tried the update tab yesterday and it said there was a new update. This was after learning Randy was running a later version so it does work but I'll agree not always.

Last edited:
Back