Windows 10 sleep help

roland dantonio

I have a w10 laptop. I used the window key, power, sleep and now it won't wake up. I've never used it
before. Is there a special way to wake the pc up? I've tried all I can think of. Any help would be great.
Thank you, R

Typically taping the power button, moving the mouse or pressing any key will wake it up. If it's not waking up,

• Verify it's in sleep (should be some light activity and not complete off)
  • If no lights the battery may have ran out if it's a laptop
  • Check the manufacturer site for BIOS/firmware updates resolving sleep/wake issues

Can you give us the make/model of the device, is it a desktop or laptop, custom built or brand name (HP, Dell etc)

Typically taping the power button, moving the mouse or pressing any key will wake it up. If it's not waking up,

• Check the manufacturer site for BIOS/firmware updates resolving sleep/wake issues

Can you give us the make/model of the device, is it a desktop or laptop, custom built or brand name (HP, Dell etc)

Laptop is Acer E

Laptop is Acer E

I'm trying to do this on my phone so bare with me.

Laptop is Acer Aspire e15, e-574g-52qu
Cpu, i5, 6th gen, 8gb ram, nvida940m 4gb, 1TB hdd.

Windows 10 home, factory

Has activity on amber led, blinks, indicating sleep. Also on blue led when plugged in indicates charging. I'very never put it to sleep this way before and thought maybe it took a special key to wake up.

Really hard getting to Internet sites on this old ph. so any help would be great.
Thanks, R

When a computer is in sleep mode, memory is still holding a charge and the current state (programs and data opened) are retained in memory. If the laptop runs out of power the memory no longer is charged and therefore anything open such as unsaved data is lost. Once there is power again the computer will power up as if coming from a shutdown.

I'very some led lights running to exhaust battery. If there is nothing else I can do it will take a long time but................

Thanks,Roland

There's no reason to drain the battery. If its 'stuck' won't wake simply press and hold the power button for several seconds and it should power off.

There's no reason to drain the battery. If its 'stuck' won't wake simply press and hold the power button for several seconds and it should power off.

Tried power button, would not power off amber sleep led continued to blink. Got fed up, closed the lid and walked away. After about 1hr. opened it up and OS rebooted. Disabled sleep button on power, shutdown and called it a problem for another day!
Thanks for your help, Roland

Back