Windows 7 Slow download and upload speeds...

confusedstoner

Hi all. I just finished a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit on a brand new computer yesterday.

Here are the specs:

Asus P6T mobo
nVidia GTX 275
seagate 500 gb hard drive
6gb kingston ram

My problem is that my download/upload speeds have decreased significantly, on the same network that I had been using a different computer on previously. I used to be able to download things at at least 500 kb/s, but now I'm lucky if I can get it over 50 kb/s. Upload speeds have been throttled too.

My network adapter is a Realtek PCIe GBE family controller. This is a hard-wired connection, so no wireless card. I've tried the command prompt line I've seen in other threads concerning similar issues, disabled QoS, tried starting in safe mode, tried rebooting a thousand times, uninstalled the network adapter and installed the newest one from Realtek. None of these things has helped. I even tried using a different ethernet cable.

I'm so confused. It's taking insanely long times just to download small files. I live in a dorm where we plug our computers straight into the ethernet port in the wall, so there is no router to complicate the issue.

Furthermore, when I view the details of my network connection, it says the speed is 100mbps. It just doesn't behave as if that's the case.

Can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom