Slow installs!!!

Ok, so i'm having the problem of some programs taking forever to install.

I.e I started the install of power dvd, it took like 7min to pop up the window to say Next.\

I installed the 1.2patch of CoD [email protected] and it took a while, and used 500MB of ram.

Thats crazy? or am i just being stupid?

Windows 7 x32, Build 7100
x3800 X2 @ 2.4GHz (not the problem)
2gigs 667MHz ram (dual channel)
Raid 0 320gig HD's (160+160) and
Fresh install of OS

Coming from XP 32bit

busydog

Ok, so i'm having the problem of some programs taking forever to install.

I.e I started the install of power dvd, it took like 7min to pop up the window to say Next.\

I installed the 1.2patch of CoD [email protected] and it took a while, and used 500MB of ram.

Thats crazy? or am i just being stupid?

Windows 7 x32, Build 7100
x3800 X2 @ 2.4GHz (not the problem)
2gigs 667MHz ram (dual channel)
Raid 0 320gig HD's (160+160) and
Fresh install of OS

Coming from XP 32bit
Have you run a spyware scan? Check msconfig to see if your ram is depleted by too many programs running. Use taskmanager to see if a process is claiming all of your CPU time.

Have you run a spyware scan? Check msconfig to see if your ram is depleted by too many programs running. Use taskmanager to see if a process is claiming all of your CPU time.
Checked, CPU sitting at 8% ave.

No other stuff installed (only nforce, GeForce, Creative sound drivers)

JohnJ

I've had the same problems on 32-bit and 64-bit. I'm not sure why my installations are going so slowly. It's definitely not my computer.

Specifications

- AMD Phenom X4 2.6Ghz
- 4GB DDR2 RAM
- NVIDIA 9800GTX+

I've had the same problems on 32-bit and 64-bit. I'm not sure why my installations are going so slowly. It's definitely not my computer.

Specifications

- AMD Phenom X4 2.6Ghz
- 4GB DDR2 RAM
- NVIDIA 9800GTX+
If thats the case then why don't i see over threads about this?

Maybe its just some process doing stuff it shouldn't, will have to do more scratching

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.