Windows 10 slow laptop

Lixie

my laptop is being really really slow and sometimes not responding after startup
this happened 2 days ago, i tried restarting it multiple times and it still happened.Task manager says nothing is consumin more then 50% resources but sometimes task manager also doesnt respond.Opening win+r and other stuff like the start menu takes minutes too.
Please give a solution because school starts in the 9th and i really need the laptop.

Thanks in advance

Device is a Lenovo B490M (pretty old)

Running Windows 10 version 18 something

Replace your hdd with an ssd and you'll feel the difference. Also, let windows finish its updates. It can take hours, but it makes a difference. I recently revived a 2011 laptop just by letting it to do its updates, which took about one full day, due to its slow hdd. The owner was never patient enough to let the laptop do its thing.
After doing all the updates, replace your hdd with an ssd by cloning your old hardrive to the new ssd drive.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

my laptop is being really really slow and sometimes not responding after startup
this happened 2 days ago, i tried restarting it multiple times and it still happened.Task manager says nothing is consumin more then 50% resources but sometimes task manager also doesnt respond.Opening win+r and other stuff like the start menu takes minutes too.
Please give a solution because school starts in the 9th and i really need the laptop.

Thanks in advance

Device is a Lenovo B490M (pretty old)

Running Windows 10 version 18 something
Disable unnecessary software from running in the background on Startup

Open an elevated cmd prompt and run: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth && sfc /scannow
(This will take a long time)

Download and run Lenovo System Update

Back