Slow receiving emails

Hello, I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium... I have an Outlook 2007 to send and receive my Hotmail emails. The problem I have is that it's very slow receiving emails. I have to press the send/receive button in order to receive emails... Because of this, I'm currently setting the Outlook to send/receive every 3 minutes... So I don't get neither the desktop alert nor the email alert I used to see the the lower-right of the screen... I've set it so that I would get both. Is there a way for the Outlook to receive the Hotmail emails instantly? Thanks.

Outlook express is very difficult to set up on win 7.... I don't know how you got it to work.
Win 7 uses Live Email

Even after you get Live Email working.. you may want to check out a free program call Pop Peeper.... I've blogged about it.. check my last few blogs or search blogs for peeper.

I used Outlook Connect to setup my Hotmail account to work using Outlook 2007... It uses MAPI and not POP.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.