Social Engineering

Neemobeer

Cloud Security Engineer
Staff member
Some information I've put together regarding social engineering and how people use it to get information. I will likely expand it in the future.

***UPDATE*** This file is safe I did not rig it as a test.

Attachments

• Social Engineering.zip
    12 KB · Views: 251
nah … i will not download/view that *.zip file, neemo … you can place the text inside your post. and i would advise all other members to refrain from doing so as well.

edited:
there is a 77% chance the first part of neemo's topic is an elaborate test … to prove a point.

once a handful of people view the attachment … he will state "this is the reason i created this topic … to prove that almost everyone will see a person of authority, and will trust the attached *.zip file is not nefarious." this can be further noted on webroot's website:
fourth paragraph down … reading:
"Ask any security professional and they will tell you that the weakest link in the security chain is the human who accepts a person or scenario at face value. It doesn’t matter how many locks and deadbolts are on your doors and windows, or if have guard dogs, alarm systems, floodlights, fences with barbed wire, and armed security personnel; if you trust the person at the gate who says he is the pizza delivery guy and you let him in without first checking to see if he is legitimate you are completely exposed to whatever risk he represents."

Last edited:
Neem I hope you don't mind me snipping it into an image. If so remove it. :)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41.8 KB · Views: 471
Yeah I'm just always leery of downloading zip files off the internet even if it's from a well know source.

Back