Windows 7 Software removal

VsUK

Hi, I have been trying for at least 2,3 months not to remove Epson Easy Photo Print from my system. I am using windows 7 64bit & i had a registry hiccup where a virus sorta messed things up a little, however after fixing all problems it's caused 1 problem remains. Epson's Easy photo print refuses to uninstall, it state's that a newer version is already installed when i attempt to uninstall via control panel.

I tried to use Revo Uninstaller & it gave same error but gave me a option to remove all files, entries it said existed which i did & it also removed its entry from control panel, so i rebooted & attempted to re install the newer version that came with my new printer & the install cancels as it says a newer version already installed.

Epson's uninstaller utility dont work, it just open's & quickly closes with no action noted. I restored my system to the state before doing the revo attempt. I know its a registry entry error or a install log error or corruption but I have tried my best to no avail. I don't want to re install as everything works great apart from this problem.

Someone said I should get a process monitor & filter out everything else apart from the program your trying to uninstall so i opened the software & let process monitor save the log file to a CSV file to show all the registry entries it access's or whatever in the hope someone knows what to look for & fix.

So to recap on the issue, Program wont uninstall as it states a newer version already installed. After using revo to remove all files linked to it, it removes it from my CP entry so i try to install latest version to have it cancel on me saying a newer version already installed. I have tried the windows fix ya tool for installing & uninstalling software problems & that didnt detect the software either before or after revo.

I've uploaded the CSV file so you can have a look, you have to change the extension from .txt to .CSV as it wouldn't allow me to upload as it was a blocked extension for some weird reason.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Logfile.txt
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,037
so i rebooted & attempted to re install the newer version that came with my new printer & the install cancels as it says a newer version already installed.
Perhaps check with Epson's website and see if you can download a or the newer version of the software directly from them.

why would i go to the website & see if i can download a newer version when the i have a newer version from the CD provided? not to be rude but telling me something as basic as that makes one wonder why reply at all!

If it was me, I would unplug the printer, delete all Epson files and folders manually, then do a registry cleanse with CCleaner, reboot and then re-install it. And do it preferably with the original disc that came along, then step by step updating it, if required - not very rare that older drivers work better.

why would i go to the website & see if i can download a newer version when the i have a newer version from the CD provided? not to be rude but telling me something as basic as that makes one wonder why reply at all!
Actually you don't likely have the newest version as printers (no matter how recently you've purchased them) sit for a long time on shelves at the manufacturer, on shelves in warehouses, on shelves in big box stores.
So no... you probably don't have the latest software for your printer and thinking that you do.................. "makes one wonder why reply at all!"

As trouble said get the drivers from the epson site, not the cd as they'll be outdated. Also whats with the attitude. Trouble tried to help you and you go off on one about posting.
If it was my machine I'd bin the cd and download the drivers directly from Epson. But hey it's your printer and computer and it's upto you what you do.

Actually you don't likely have the newest version as printers (no matter how recently you've purchased them) sit for a long time on shelves at the manufacturer, on shelves in warehouses, on shelves in big box stores.
So no... you probably don't have the latest software for your printer and thinking that you do.................. "makes one wonder why reply at all!"

Fair enough, my old printer was a SX515w & the Epson photo print was v 2.10 & my new one is a XP-610 which has v.2.41 so i apologize, i should of been a little more clear. However I'm going to try what Pauli has mentioned, turn it off & manually remove all files & registry, do a cleanup using ccleaner & then reboot & see where that leave's me. So i apologize if i was a little rude in my last reply, just getting very frustrated as its the little things that are a real pain.

May I suggest you do ad pauli said but use the drivers from the Epson site.

Sent from my HTC One X using WindowsForum mobile app

Drivers can be problematic, I've witnessed several cases where older drivers worked better, and several occasions where the latest worked better. Personally, I'm one of those who fix what isn't broken = I update drivers when new are available. I even use a program called DriverMax, it alerts me when new ones are to be found, but I don't have it in auto-install.

Getting rid of old drivers can be a pain. Hope you get it done! :)

I sorted it, used a better reg edit that has a process manager to show where the reg entry was for the active program n removed it all, cleaned up registry using a reg cleaner & rebooted n the install worked great. THANK GOD lol.

thanks vm guys

tuneup Utilities one, its latest version has lots of info built in to show whats what to make it simple for people like me lol

Back