Windows 7 Softwares which never work

abhinavsuraj

Hello,i am new to this community
I use Windows 7 64-bit.I formatted c drive recently. I installed Mozilla firefox browser, which worked then. after rebooting system, it never worked. I also installed Opera and faced same problem .It also showed an error an closed. I managed browsing in Google Chrome which never gave a problem .Adobe Reader also gave same problem. It showed a dialog box showing Core DLL missing .
Adobe photoshop CS6 also does not work. It had same type of problem. After restarting the windows ,it never worked. No process started related to adobe . XAMPP also does not work(apache server runs but mysql server never starts).Softwares live Your Uninstaller also has same problem.Few more softwares had same problem.

Picasa also has problems. After restarting it only opens images.Software never opens.

C5 Free also has same problem. It shows some error.

Few softwares thumbnails change to something else and few thumbnails blur.

Please help me out of this problem.
Thank You.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome. Are your Windows System and applications all licensed software installed to a cleanly formatted hard drive?

I'd go with patcooke. Your problems seem too severe to be caused by a single incident. If I were you, I would zero-format the disk, by using gParted, GParted -- Download, or something, and then re-install everything.

Yes, my windows is original.I've booted it from the original disc.
Opera , mozilla firefox , adobe reader, xampp are all open source.So they are genuine.

Then I would reboot from the Windows install disk and run a complete reformat of the drive before doing a complete reinstall. The install one package at a time and ensure that it is working before installing another. That way you can identify at what stage the problem occurs if you have any more errors.

Hi

I agree, something fundamental is wrong with your system.
I've run all of the software you mentioned and never had any problem.

Just starting from scratch seems like the best way to go.

If I was just the browsers there might be a way to fix it but Adobe Photoshop CS6 shouldn't be a problem on Windows 7.

Mike

Last edited:
Actually before formatting I installed windows 7 . Then also I faced same problem.
Do you think any problem is there with my Windows 7 disc

Do you think any problem is there with my Windows 7 disc

It does sounds a bit suspect - given the symptoms I think you need to fully reformat, clean install then test as I suggested. If you still have a problem then I'd check out your Windows install disk - did you activate your Windows install?

Thank you friends for your suggestions
I have formatted my c drive and re-installed windows
I think I found a solution for my problem:)
I still don't know reason for thhe problem.

Glad it seems to be sorted may be one of those things you will never find out . . .

Sometimes the reason for the problem remains disguised, like Livingstone did, but then Stanley found him. And end was well, all was well.

Hooray!

Back