Soldier Proposes Via Voice Mail -- to the Wrong Woman

cybercore

Soldier Proposes Via Voice Mail -- to the Wrong Woman

When Diane Potts of Gateshead in northern England checked her voice mail on Jan. 20, she found a moving surprise.

It was a 90-second message from an emotional soldier in Afghanistan, The Daily Mail reported. He spoke of his pain at seeing a fellow soldier killed and his hopes for their future together.

"I love you so much, I love you with all my heart and I was going to ask you, don't answer, obviously you can't answer, but will you marry me?" the soldier asks.

There was just one problem: Potts has no idea who the man is. He had the wrong number.

"I think he probably dialed incorrectly, and that his girlfriend's number is similar to mine," Potts said, according to the Daily Mail.

Potts, 44, is getting the word out through the press in an attempt to let the unidentified soldier know that the woman he was talking to was not his "Samantha."

The soldier, who never gives his name, says he is looking forward to Samantha giving birth to their child.

"My baby, my little soldier," the soldier said, according to CNN. "I will do everything in my heart and I will try my hardest to fight to protect you."

Then the man says he has to go and that he won't be able to call for another month.

"I just thought, 'Bless him,'" Potts said. "He sounded so young."

So far, there is no sign that Samantha has come forward.

Until she does, the soldier's emotional proposal will never reach the right ears.

"I really hope she gets in touch," Potts said.

Back
Top Bottom