Windows 7 Sony Vaio Update, iTunes download

cparker4

When downloading updates for my laptop with Sony Vaio Update it downloads almost the whole file(maybe not a few kbs but I would say atleast 99% of the file) and then gives me an error (please wait a while, then try again). Vaio update works fine on my mom's computer which is on the same network btw. Also, the other day I tried to update my iPod touch to iOs5 and iTunes would download the whole file except for one kb and then give me an error message telling me that the download timed out (I ended up having to do it on my mom's computer). I suspect these problems are related. I am not exactly sure what the problem is. It has been happening for over a month so I know it isn't just a one day thing. I have made sure I have the latest version of Vaio Update also. Im not exactly sure what to google for to figure out what the problem is but I am going to continue searching. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cparker

You can go directly to the Sony Support site and download the files directly to your PC. I have done this with my Sony Vaio in the past, although I have elliminated most of the Sony specific s/w. Most is what I consider fluff and just consumes resources I don't wish to let it consume. My Vaio works just fine without the Sony branded s/w, even the buttons at the top of the keyboard. When I find apps I do not need I uninstall them. Bloatware I don't need, good-bye.

I understand I can download the programs directly from the Sony Support page. I am more worried about whatever is causing this problem because I think it is affecting other programs such as iTunes like I stated. I could be wrong though and don't have much to test to see if it is the same problem.

Back