Windows 7 Soothing Windows 7

Archaeopteryx

Hello all.

I hope someone can help me with something I've not been able to find a solution to on my own. However, I hope that this doesn't fall into the ranks of dumb-*** questions... :redface:

Is there any way of extending the time between when a programme starts 'not responding' and the panicky white screen of the computer offering up the dialogue box with 3 options; to 'Check for solution...', 'Close...' and 'Wait for...'. I invariably choose to wait and within moments the system manages to sort itself out. Pretty much every single time I must add.

Thank you all for this helpful forum

aOx

PS I have tried uploading a screenshot of the dialogue box I describe above but failed. Many times. It was a jpeg of pretty small size but I still keep getting the red exclamation mark... Are there stringent regulations I've missed?

I don't think there's any way to extend or shrink the aforementioned time. I get annoyed when I click "Close", then the application responds and then closes on me.

I don't think there's any way to extend or shrink the aforementioned time. I get annoyed when I click "Close", then the application responds and then closes on me.

Hi Alebcay. Thanks. Yes, I know - it just seems that the system is not offered enough time to 'stabilise'...or is too quick to jump in with emergency action

Back