Windows 7 Sortkey.nlp problem

Doug77

I am currently running windows 7 64 bit. Whenever I boot up, I receive an error message saying that the system "cannot find sortkey.nlp or one of its components. After acknowleging the error message, the system seems to work fine except that I am unable to print and recieve the same error message when trying to print. Anyway to correct this problem? I've tried system restore but for some reason no longer have any system restore points (?).

Hi Doug77 - just wondering if you have managed to fix the problem as I am having the same issue and dont know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Try running the system file check utility - goto programs, accessories, right click on command prompt, run as administrator. Enter the following command:

SFC /scannow

I also have this problem. Problems started when the Windows 7 service pack 1 was installed on my 64-bit HP touchsmart tablet. I've done restores and that cures the problem until the service pack is installed.
I don't know if it's related but I can't get my wireless connection.
Help!

Sortkey is part of the net Farmework suite. Look in programs and features and, if you have ver 4 there, uninstall it and reinstall. If it is not on the list, open "Turn Windows Windows Features on or off" (over on the left) and untick it. Ok and restart your computer. If this does the trick, you can safely reinstall one or both.

im having the same problem. will davehc's solution work if i don't have the windows 7 discs? am i able to reinstall it without having the software in physical form?

Sortkey is part of the net Farmework suite. Look in programs and features and, if you have ver 4 there, uninstall it and reinstall. If it is not on the list, open "Turn Windows Windows Features on or off" (over on the left) and untick it. Ok and restart your computer. If this does the trick, you can safely reinstall one or both.

I tried this and it did not fix the problem. In addition to the "Could not load file or assembly 'sortkey.nlp'..." message, I have the following problems:

1. I can't get a system restore date before 6/28/11.
2. I get messages that "HP Support Assistant," "HP Wireless Assistant," and "HP Advisor" have stopped working.
3. When I connect my camera to the computer it no longer automatically brings up the window to transfer images.

I am currently running windows 7 64 bit. Whenever I boot up, I receive an error message saying that the system "cannot find sortkey.nlp or one of its components. After acknowleging the error message, the system seems to work fine except that I am unable to print and recieve the same error message when trying to print. Anyway to correct this problem? I've tried system restore but for some reason no longer have any system restore points (?).
i am also having this problem and the blue screen one its funny that they started about the time windows 8 was launched i do hope microsoft arent up to their old tricks they know what happend last time i fully expect this will be gone within the hour so i will post another on an independent pc site

I am facing the same problem,could not find the sortkey.nlp ,I am using win 7 64 bit & I uninstall & reinstall .net framework 4 but it showing again when I restart ,can u pls post again step by step what to do bcoz I cant understand exactly what u write on the previous post.

hey I am subham ,I am facing the same problem,could not find the sortkey.nlp ,I am using win 7 64 bit & I uninstall & reinstall .net framework 4 but it showing again when I restart , if your roblem was solved then can u pls post step by step how you do it.
pls post quickly

Back