Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Digital SB0220 driver not installed on windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Hardware' started by nawnaw2002, Dec 25, 2012.

1. nawnaw2002

nawnaw2002 New Member

hello everybody

plz i upgraded my windows to windows 7 but i can install my creative sound driver Live 5.1 Digital SB0220 .. can't detect it :(

my mother board is gigabyte h61

processor intel pentuim LGA1155 2,9/3

ram kingstone 4 GB hyper x

plz help built in sound is terrible :frown:

2. Digerati

Digerati Fantastic Member
    Microsoft MVP

As noted by Creative Labs that series of sound cards has been classified as "End of Service Life" way back in 2005. So it is no surprise there are no Windows 7 or later drivers for it. Therefore, you are stuck with the on-board sound, or you need to upgrade your sound hardware to something more modern to match the more modern OS.

That said, I am surprised you feel the on-board sound is "terrible". There have been HUGE improvements in on-board sound in recent years as more and more users are demanding it and often using their systems in home theater setups where high quality audio is a must. So the motherboard makers, especially the major ones like Gigabyte and ASUS are including better sound devices on their boards.

Note H61 is used on a whole series of Gigabyte motherboards so we need the full model number to really know what we are talking about. But I note this Gigabyte H61 board includes the Realtek ALC889 audio chipset and that has some pretty impressive specs and reviews.

That is not to say the on-board is audiophile quality - it isn't. But then neither are ANY self-powered computer speakers either. If your speakers are as old as your SB, you may consider a new set of speakers.