Sound Drivers

Creative has released a Beta 1.01.0091 driver specifically designed for USB-based SoundBlaster audio cards under Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 Beta.

The Realtek 7.1HD sound drivers do my head in. I have a mobo with this sound on board and connect it to my Creative THX Gigaworks G550W 5.1 system via separate leads as the G550W has no optical input.

The problem i have is that i cannot get it to work correctly in 5.1 and instead i have to use it in 7.1 with the rear speakers connected to the side speakers socked and disable the rear speakers in the software. It works fine in this mode for some reason but in 5.1 mode the rear speakers don't work at all even if i have everything connected correctly.

I might not bother downloading v2.16 as the set up after is a real hassle.

Auzentech has released Link Removed - Invalid URL audio drivers for the X-Fi Forte and Link Removed - Invalid URL for the X-Fi Prelude sound cards.

Creative has released an official 2.17.0006 driver for the X-Fi Titanium series under Windows XP and Vista. The driver contains a range of fixes and enables 'What U Hear' recording in Vista.

Creative has released an updated Version 1.25.10 of the ALchemy software for X-Fi and Audigy sound cards under Windows Vista. Note that the ALchemy download is found under the Application link on the driver page for your particular sound card.

Creative has released an official 2.18.0010 driver for the majority of the Audigy series under Windows XP and Vista. The driver fixes an issue in Surround Mixer and adds Dolby Digital Live support.

Realtek does my head in. They seem to bring out an updated HD sound driver oonce a week or at least that is what it seems like.
Is there a reason for all these updates to come at the rate they do??

Creative has released a Beta 1.01.0092 driver specifically designed for USB-based SoundBlaster audio cards under Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 Beta.

Creative has released a Beta 2.18.0013 driver specifically designed to provide support for the majority of the X-Fi series (excluding the Titanium) under Windows 7 Beta.

Back
Top Bottom