Windows 7 sound freeze!

semiliner

Hello!

So, my onboard audio died and I've bought an Terratec Aureon 5.1. PCI soundcard to fix it. And it did, kinda. But everytime windows produces a sound, for example a simple ''click'' when opening folders, that ''click'' that usualy lasts for a second, now lasts for 15 seconds, and in that time the mouse pointer doesn't move normally and the PC is crippled. I've installed the win7 drivers from the manufacter website, no help. Tried installing it in winxp/vsta compatibility modes, nothing. Disabled the onboard audio in BIOS, nothing. Tried uninstalling all of audio devices and drivers, letting windows download the drivers and it can't find any. And it doesn't happen always, but it does most of the time. If the windows sounds will work, the sound in games won't. At first it started to freeze on youtube, but now after reinstalling it, it works fine. Playing music, sometimes without any problems, and sometimes all I can do is shut down the player.

Pls HELP! :(

My specs are
MBO:Asus p4p800-se
CPU:p4 2.8 ghz HT
RAM: 3.5 GB DDR1
VGA: Ati sapphire radeon HD4650 1GB DDR2
Sound: Terratec aureon 5.1 PCI
HDD: 500GB Seagate

Does your sound card manual say of any timings or any specific BIOS settings you need to configure ?

Thank you for your reply. The user manual of the sound card has 6 small pages, all referring to hardware installation, nothing about software.

Back