Windows 7 Sound noises(scratching) Realtek audio.

Aruane

Hello once again. A friend of mine re-installed his Windows 7 64 bit several weeks ago.

Now, everytime he plays some music on the WMP or watch videoclip on the popular video websites, or either watching a movie on KMPlayer there are some noises every with interval 3~7s and duration no more than 1s, from what he told me they sound like scratching or something. He doesn't experience any problems while playing games.

He is using Windows 7 SP1/64bit,
GeForge 9800GT/GTX
4 gigabytes of ram
and core2quad intel processor.

Funny thing: Couple of days ago he installed VirtualBox to test 1 program compability on XP, when the windows got installed he went to watch a video while drivers are installing and noticed that the problem was gone. Though, if the virtual machine is offline the problem persists, while if its in it's gone. I can't really explain that thing to myself, my brain can't perform such a process. It's like something happening on Jupiter to influence the size of my d...

Things done so far: Re-installed the newest drivers several times, tried with couple packets of older drivers, re-installing of old/new video drivers, older versions than DX11, removing all the drivers completely, no change.

He recorded 1 minute of the video he was watching with Bandicam, he said he heard the sounds 15~20 times in that 1min of video, I didn't heard anything other than the video sound.

*Re-installing/changing the OS is not an option, as he will have a lot of important data loss.
*He won't pay 35EU for new sound card just because of some assumptions, while it was perfectly fine 30 minutes before he re-installed, nor I will advise him to do so.

Sorry, I guess this is posted in the wrong section, It'd be much appreciated if moved in the right one. Windows 7 support I assume?

Last edited:
I beg your pardon? (bot maybe?)
Sadly there may be a need to agree with that.

About the sound issue, there's hardly more to do than drivers or hardware. Try different drivers, sometimes older ones work better. Also, uninstall any codecs you have, and only re-install one. Multiple codec packs usually create problems.

To get a truly proper diagnosis, you may want to take the whole pack to the retailer. Zillions of problems in this area.

No codecs have been installed on this machine. In usage is KMPlayer, which uses it's own codecs. But the problem is mostly noticeable in videos from the popular video sites, rather than while music is playing, but it's still noticeable.

As soon as we're able to install k-lite codec will give you a feedback. Thanks.

I'm still wondering why Virtual box is related to this.

Back
Top Bottom