Windows 7 Sound stuttering issues in Windows 7 - please help!

morvenna

Hello there,

I hope you can help?! Ever since I bought my P6320UK HP Pavilion Desktop i have been having intermittent issues playing sound. The audio stops and starts and is distorted. I have gone down every available avenue, been in touch with HP, PC World and had the computer away for repair but still to no success. the computer has 6GB ram and lots of memory so playing sound shouldn't be an issue. My speakers (both monitor and separate powered speakers/subwoofer) are all working correctly.

Initially I had to have the memory replaced on the computer but the memory seems to be working fine now, it's just the sound that causes issues. I have Realtek HD Audio on the computer (and there is also an option for realtek digital output but i disabled this as i don't use this). I have monitor speakers and my own speaker/subwoofer as well, which i set up as a multi-channel set up.

i think that it may be to do with Windows 7 set up- as i notice a few other people have posted comments on windows 7 forums that it seems to be a windows 7 problem. it's nothing to do with the software as i've tried a system reboot and it doesn't make any difference to the sound.

I hope you can help - it would be much appreciated because it is very frustrating!

Many thanks
Morven

thanks for this, however i've tried that and reboots/ all manner of healthhchecks/diagnostics and it still doesn't seem to work?

any other ideas?

thanks!
Morven

well if the drivers the latest and still having issues I'd be looking to conflicting software or hardware in the device manager or failing that BIOS settings... but don't mess with them without a deep understanding of what they do or you could cause more problems. Oh and have you tried in just plain 2.1 stereo mode? as I dont use 5.1 or 7.1 on mine just to eliminate that it's not a surround sound issue.

Last edited:
How do you connect the multi-speaker setup to your system?

If you right click the speaker icon and select playback devices, do you show speakers as default and Digital Audio and Digital Audio (optical)?

Have you loaded any software that might have changed any of the defaust codecs?

Since I have an Nvidia Video card, I have the Nvidia sound drivers also running on my system.

Does it make a difference as to what type of sound you are playing or where you get it from?

This may seem off the wall... but what anti-virus software are you using?

Many AV softwares cause "latency spikes" do them not multitasking well and this can cause burbling in audio and frame dropping in video. Norton is the worst, but I've seen others do it too.

You could try disabling ALL AV software and seeing how that goes...

This may seem off the wall... but what anti-virus software are you using?

Many AV softwares cause "latency spikes" do them not multitasking well and this can cause burbling in audio and frame dropping in video. Norton is the worst, but I've seen others do it too.

You could try disabling ALL AV software and seeing how that goes...

I've been struggling with this problem for the past 3 months and after reading your reply, I turned off MSE real-time protection and BAM! it worked. Wow! I was that close to rebuilding my machine or switching out the SB card. Now I'm wondering if that is also the cause of other little throny problems as well.

Thanks CommonTater

Back
Top Bottom