Windows 7 Speakers no longer work after installing windows 7

Sirdrew1

I recently updated my GATEWAY MT 6831 with Windows 7 and my speakers do not work. I have tried everything and cannot figure this out. There is a red x over the speaker icon but disappears when i plug in my headphones. I tried downloading the SigmaTel 9250 drivers but they are for VISTA only and will not install. And when i slowly pull my headphone jack out, the speakers will try to kick on. So i dont think its a driver issue. IDK but this has been beyond frustrating. Any ideas? Ive already done the obvious ones so please dont repeat control panel blah blah blah. I'm not a computer idiot (at least until now). Any help is great appreciated!

Hello there,
I do think this is still a driver failure otherwise it would be hard for windows to show the little red X over the speaker icon unless there isn't any sound card installed.
I would try to boot up on one of the major linux distro live cd's, such as debian, ubuntu, linuxmint, gentoo, suse... whatever... and then test if there were something comming out of the speakers.
If thats the case you are facing a driver problem :)

Let us know how it goes :)

u can try to restart your computer enter the setup mode (f2 button or whicever it is) and scroll right to advance and look for a setting which might say mute only and push enter and select normal then save and exit

Back
Top Bottom