Windows 7 Speech Recognition: Customizing Voice Commands

Bannon

I love the speech recognition. It actually works, is useful, and is fun. But I would like to know if there is a way to customize the voice commands, such as addressing the computer as a name to activate it, instead of "Start listening" (nerdy, I know, but AWESOME). Or for further customization, it would be useful to have the sleep function automatically activate after a specified period of time, to avoid excessive sound processing and the subsequent crashes that are the only bane of this service.

If this is not an option, then I strongly suggest it. I would also like to see it integrated with the Narrator program, so as to interact with and further facilitate speech recognition. Just imagine:

"Eva."
"Yes, sir?"
"Search Google News for Election Results."
"Searching..."
"Select Washington Post. Narrate Article."
"[Narration]"

Hehe... I blame C&C and Outpost for this fantasy :D

sounds good to me! after all we were promised so much in the sixties and we are still tied to the keyboard and now only just trying to break those bonds. how do i set this narration dialogue up any thoughts?:)

Check out the links below. The first is a Microsoft doc about speech recognition macros. It appears you can create macros the key off phrases and then execute commands.... It looks like you can even have code for speaking responses. The second link is a link to the Windows Speech Recognition Macros tool that you would need. Looks like a really great way to customize speech recognition.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...98-220c-4717-b044-829ae4f7c125&displaylang=en

Back
Top Bottom