Speedfan Update

I just DLed and installed SpeedFan, and I see a very scary temperature reading-"Temperature 2"= 127 degrees!! Where can I read about what these different temps indicate, and is that temp possible when my gpu is showing @53c, via EVGA Precision? I'm not competent enough to use this program without some help on what the various readings indicate.

I just DLed and installed SpeedFan, and I see a very scary temperature reading-"Temperature 2"= 127 degrees!! Where can I read about what these different temps indicate, and is that temp possible when my gpu is showing @53c, via EVGA Precision? I'm not competent enough to use this program without some help on what the various readings indicate.

Check out the temps using this: HWiNFO64 4.06 Download Also make sure you know that the reading is either in Fahrenheit or Celsius and that often aux temp readings can be way off relating to nothing.

Thanks for the link and the help, kemical. The CPU readings indicate that all 4 cores are within thermal parameters, and, unless I'm wrong, 127c(Speedfan is in Centigrade) is a bit too hot for proper utility, so I hope that it's some anomaly from Speedfan. I do have liquid cooling for the CPU in a push-pull 2-fan configuration, and the CPU is OCed to 4.2ghz via the Gigabyte Mobo program. The single 127c outlier is not reproduced anywhere else, apparently.

Speedfan updated to 4.49:

Added and verified full support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. Improved [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]ACPI[/FONT][/FONT]support. Version 4.49 replaces version 4.48 (released just a few hours earlier) fixing a typo that caused ACPI temperatures to be reported wrongly on some [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Windows [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]7[/FONT][/FONT]. The installer has changed its naming schema too, in order to avoid a boring "feature" of Windows that was reporting to SpeedFan's [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]installer[/FONT][/FONT] the wrong Windows version. Both the installer and the executable are digitally signed with my company's (SOKNO S.R.L.) certificate.
...Enjoy!

SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

Almico has released Version 4.50 of SpeedFan.

-
Added full support for Nuvoton NCT6791D (including fan control)

-
Improved external (USB) hard disk detection (some were not properly detected on Windows 8)

-
Added a new method to access hard disks connected to 3ware RAID controllers (works on 64 bit systems too)

-
Added support for Intel core temperature (Family 06h Model 3Ch)

-
Added support for Intel core temperature (Family 06h Model 3Eh)

-
Added support for AMD Family 15h temperature

-
Added support for AMD Family 16h temperature

-
Added support for Intel 8 Series SMBus

-
Added support for Intel 8 Series Mobile SMBus

-
Added support for Intel 9 Series SMBus

-
Added Nuvoton NCT6779D/NCT6791D advanced option to choose between PWM and DC output for System Fan (PWM 1)

-
Changed the way NCT6779D and NCT6791D read fan speeds

-
Added 4 more temperature readings to NCT6779D

-
Added Fintek F71808A advanced setting: PWM TYPE 3

-
Refined Fintek F71808A description for PWM MODEs

-
Added preliminary support for ITE IT8620E temperatures and fan speeds

-
Fixed a minor typo that caused Fintek F71808A to not show some temperatures properly
Download:
http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Almico has released Version 4.51 of SpeedFan. Windows 10 now supported amongst many other fixes:
-
added full support for Fintek F71811U
-
added full support for Nuvoton NCT6106D
-
added full support for Nuvoton NCT6792D
-
added full support for Fintek F71878A/F71868A
-
added full support for ITE IT8783F
-
added full support for Intel C610/X99 SMBus
-
added full support for ITE IT8620E
-
added support for Nuvoton NCT6683D
-
fixed Fintek F71808A PWM MODE setting
-
added PWM 4 ENABLE and PWM 5 ENABLE to advanced options for the ITE IT8620E to enable or disable PWM 4 and 5 writes
-
smbus access is disabled for Sapphire PC-AM2RD790
-
fixed fan speed readings on the NCT6791D
-
SCSI Scan is automatically disabled if iastorA.sys driver is installed - use /DOSCSISCAN to force enable it
-
fixed Fintek F71811U PWM TYPE advanced setting
-
greatly improved RAM SPD decoding for SDRAM, DDR, DDR2, DDR2 FB-DIMM and DDR3
-
improved identification of newer revisions of Microchip MCP9843 and MCP98243
-
fixed STTS3000 and STTS2002 temperature reporting
-
fixed old IT8705F identification
-
events can now be triggered if something happens for, at least, up to 9999 times (it was 99)
-
battery charge is now properly updated on the EXOTICS tab
-
NCT6791D IO Space accessibility is now tested upon resume from suspend and fixed, if needed
-
restored DIMM access on latest Intel chipsets
-
added manifest to improve support up to Windows 10
-
configuration dialog now always opens at the center of the main window
http://www.almico.com/sfhistory.php

Back