Windows 7 Sperate Traffic via 2 NICs

SamMan

I apologize if this has already been posted or answered.
So what I have is Windows 7 Professional with XP Mode enabled. I have 2 NICs connected to the same subnet. What I am wanting to do is have all Windows 7 network/Internet traffic use Nic A and all XP Mode network/Internet traffic use Nic B. Is this possible? I know I can setup in the MS Virtual PC the Nic to use. So not an issue there. My issue would be how to force Windows 7 to use NIC A and not NIC B? Any and all help would be useful.

The reason I am needing this done is I have firewall rules applied to 1 Static IP address for my Windows 7 machine and the Windows XP Mode IP will not and does not need to have firewall rules applied to it. So I am needing to make sure Windows 7 always uses NIC A with the static IP and firewall rules applied to it.

Why not just disable NIC B in the Win 7 device manager?

I tried that and the VM cannot communicate out when I do this. The VM gives me an error about accessing the networking driver. I have found out though that if I disable the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) on Nic B in Windows 7 then the VM is still able to communicate out on Nic B. And this should prevent Windows 7 from communicating out on that interface.

Last edited:
Great minds think alike eh? That would have been my second attempt! Thanks for the feedback.

Back