Windows 7 Spy Sweeper

Joe S

Excellent Member
I tried Webroot Spy Sweeper again a few weeks ago and last week I began to notice problems. IE and Firefox would both freeze at times. And sometimes Explorer freezes. Then I noticed I couldn't send email from Thunderbird without getting a pop up from Spysweeper. So I disabled it and switched to Spybot Search and Destroy now everything is normal again. Webroot's costomer support really sucks. Last time I sent in a problem I got an email with a link to FAQ's! Definitely won't renew again.
Joe

I tried Webroot Spy Sweeper again a few weeks ago and last week I began to notice problems. IE and Firefox would both freeze at times. And sometimes Explorer freezes. Then I noticed I couldn't send email from Thunderbird without getting a pop up from Spysweeper. So I disabled it and switched to Spybot Search and Destroy now everything is normal again. Webroot's costomer support really sucks. Last time I sent in a problem I got an email with a link to FAQ's! Definitely won't renew again.
Joe
Warning message when you run Webroot Spy Sweeper and Microsoft Windows Defender on the same computer: "Possible Hosts File Hijack (Medium Alert)"

(There has been some problems with "Spy Sweeper" giving "Windows Defender" false positives for infection) I know that versions 5 and 6 work for Vista 32 bit OK The version that come with the antivirus and shield, I'd check for conflicts with other security programs.

This is just the plain version with no antivirus. Another annoying feature is the prompt to create backup account there doesn't seem to be a way to disable that.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom