Windows 8 squip

squip

I also have trouble with window 8 sound, in service there are 2 that will not start windows audio and window audio end point end builder I have sound from the speaker but nothing from windows I cannot start windows start up sound. dell nor Microsoft seem to be able to help I hope someone can

Hi Squip,

could you post a little more information on your installation.

Did you install Windows 8 and if so was it a custom or clean install or did you upgrade?

Please list the name of your machine and if your running with the latest drivers as well as bios.

Did the sound work at all? If so have you considered system restore?

The services, should be running and listed as automatic. Most Dells run on a sigmatel chip. But there are some compatibility problems in Windows 8. What do you have listed in the Device manager?
With Windows 8, on two dells I own, I have disabled and removed the Sigmatel drivers, and left Windows 8 to automatically install the
"High Definition Audio Device"

But try this download. It is for Windows 7, so use the compatibility option before installing. Best way is to uninstall any drivers under sound in the Device manager, do not reboot, and install the download.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/audio/R99254.EXE

Windows was in the computer dell 660 inspiron dell installed a bios lately windows 8 was reinstalled twice I get speaker sound but not window sound I do not understand why the 2 services window audio and windows audio end point builder show running but when you hit properties they are stopped. I do not know how important they are but according to dell as long as you have sound you are ok I cannot get start up sound and personalization I cannot get much, thank you

I did not install drivers what I see is Conexant smart audio and intel [R] display audio and nvida high definition audio as for BIOS I went to dell driver and there were no bios need, A dell tech downloaded a bios but I would not know where to find it

Thanks, I got it activated, but am having even more problems with the New Hardware Wizard. It is popping windows for a lot of missing drivers, which wouldn't be so bad, if I could see all of the wizard. However my firewall (Outpost) is displaying a large window of it's own, which is partially obscuring the hardware wizard. I would simply close the wizard entirely and run the motherboard's CD to install everything, but it doesn't autorun, and I haven't found a means to navigate to it.

Download and install all of the latest driver's from Dell's website for the Inspiron 660. Especially the Intel INF Update chipset drivers. If this Outpost firewall is causing problems, disable or remove it until the installation is complete.

Back