SSD causes Win7 to crash

Hi all i'm running Windows 7 Professional x64 and i'm having some trouble with my SSD.
When i boot up my PC, windows 7 boots and everything is fine.
After a few minutes i see the disk usage led permanently ON and the PC blocks, so i can't use it. This continues for about 3-4 minutes, then everything returns to normality.
After 3-4 hours it appens the same thing again, i see the disk usage led permanently ON, the PC blocks, the difference is that it will not unblock, cause after 3-4 minutes the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" says "Your SSD has been unmounted", windows crashes, i get a Blue screen (i don't know where to find the dump), then the PC reboots and it's not recognizing my SSD anymore, i have to power off my PC, unplug the power plug, re-plug it and then it all begins to work again, obviously when i power on the pc, it is going to happen everithing again.

I'm sure it is a Windows 7 problem, cause i tried with linux and OSX and i've never had this problem.
I'm also sure it is not an Intel Rapid Storage Technology problem, i deactivated it and the problem persists.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
This certainly seems to be a new problem. Could you take a snipping tool picture of your disk management window and attach using the paperclip on the advanced replies?

Info on your system may also help.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.