Windows 7 SSD Users

Do you move writes off your SSD?

• I dont own an SSD and do not plan to.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I dont own an SSD but would love one.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • I try to keep as many writes off my SSD as I can.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I move only my browsers cache of my SSD.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do nothing to keep writes off my SSD.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

loathe

I was interested to find out how people are looking after their SSD drive. For example, do you just move your browsers cache to another drive, or move as many writes off it as you can, or do you just do nothing?
Are you concerned about the number of writes to your SSD and how long it will last? Are you happy with your purchase?

For me, I have a RAMdrive setup that has my browsers cache on it, but that is about as far as I go. Im not too concerned about the life time of my drive, as in a couple of years, I see it being no more than a paper weight, going or not.

Feel free to leave your thoughts.

In my instance, I bought a Runcore 64GB SSD for my Dell Mini 10 laptop. This was awhile ago. The speed improvement is about 4-6x better than the Samsung that they were shipping with originally. There really no way to keep writes off of it, unless I bought an external enclosre and used a real HD. But what is cool is that since it is 64GB I also have a 64GB thumbdrive to perform a Windows backup of the entire device :D It runs well enough whereas I do not have to do much to eliminate writes, but then again I am not using it for anything except office and e-mail.

Now here is where it seems SSD's become a bit powerful?

:D

Last edited:
I think the SSD should be used to accelerate your computer, rather than put all of Windows on it. As an acceleration tool, I don't worry about wearing it out. When it does, I replace it. Since Windows is not installed on it, it is no big deal to replace.

Back