Windows 7 Standard VGA Adapter Driver - HELP?

CJKilworth

So yesterday I upgraded my computer and installed Windows 7 onto it (from Windows XP). However, the video card does not have an updated driver that it or myself could find and now my screen is fairly screwed, stuck at a resolution of 640 x 480.

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a driver for this? After picking apart forums yesterday, my mum's partner and I couldn't find anything so I thought I'd make an account on here and ask for help directly. There also aren't any video cards to my knowledge that I can get, let alone under £20 or so; the only slot I have is PCI.

Things you need to know:

Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Chip: Interl(r)845G/845GL/845GE/845GV Graphics Chip (I think we just shortened it to 845G/GL/GE/GV)
Computer (the worst bit): Dell Dimension 2004

Any help would be absolutely great, even if it is confirming to me that there is nothing I can do.

EDIT: When I say upgrade I mean it was a clean install.

Last edited:
Only have a PCI slot for expansion, then your pretty much screwed... PCI video cards were dropped over 15 years ago for AGP, and then about 7 years ago AGP was dropped for PCIE(xpress). I used to have a 845 Intel board about 7/8 years ago and fairly sure it was AGP 8x, but uncertain if OEM boards will have the extra slot.

Yes, the Maplins guy I spoke to made that pretty clear :/ I'm getting a bursary in December, I think I'm going to just have to wait out this resolution until I can buy a laptop. Unless there is some hidden driver that someone has found somewhere in this world.

It's pretty disappointing that XP works better than 7 for me at the moment.

Back