Windows Vista Start menu freaking out, as does typing things in IE

neverletthem

[RESOLVED]Start menu freaking out, as does typing things in IE

Alright, so I've got a problem in a computer running Windows Vista Home Premium.

Whenever the start button is clicked on, it starts freaking out, disappearing when you roll over it, then when you move the mouse it reappears, then you go to click and it disappears, then stays gone until you click the button again. It also randomly opens and closes, after hitting it for the first time.

This also happens when using IE. After typing in a web address, after typing some letters the computer locks it self. I'm currently running a virus scan on the machine, and might just do a system restore, but would like to know what might be the cause of this.

EDIT: The problem was the mouse. Replaced it with just a standard USB mouse and it stopped freaking out. This can be closed now.

Hi! This sounds like you may have your task bar checked to auto-hide. Right click a free space on your task bar, grey-black bar. Click on properties, check to see if auto hide is checked. If it is, un-check it. As far as the freeze goes, that could be a number of things. Do you use the Google Search when this happens ?

Alright, so I've got a problem in a computer running Windows Vista Home Premium.

Whenever the start button is clicked on, it starts freaking out, disappearing when you roll over it, then when you move the mouse it reappears, then you go to click and it disappears, then stays gone until you click the button again. It also randomly opens and closes, after hitting it for the first time.

This also happens when using IE. After typing in a web address, after typing some letters the computer locks it self. I'm currently running a virus scan on the machine, and might just do a system restore, but would like to know what might be the cause of this.

Sounds like your already doing the right thing, checking for virus's or spyware..

Hi! This sounds like you may have your task bar checked to auto-hide. Right click a free space on your task bar, grey-black bar. Click on properties, check to see if auto hide is checked. If it is, un-check it. As far as the freeze goes, that could be a number of things. Do you use the Google Search when this happens ?

Nope, not checked. I worded my original question a little wrong, as soon as the computer boots up into the user account, the button goes crazy forever, never stopping.

Nope, not checked. I worded my original question a little wrong, as soon as the computer boots up into the user account, the button goes crazy forever, never stopping.

Just a bad mouse Huh? Maybe it needed a driver update. These days, anything goes. Probably something wrong with Adobe Flash......

Back