Start minimized

Marios

I'm looking for a way or program for Windows XP and Windows 7 that will autostart a program on windows startup and run it minimized. I tried making a shortcut to the Startup folder and program starts in open window again. Specifically i tried Skype and i need the way or program for Skype because the autostart feature goes away once a while.

Pauli

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
You mean you want it to start in a minimized window = not full size window, or you want to have it in the taskbar as a pin?

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons gives you options for autostart icons to show up... they'll show, by default, down right on your screen.

I must admit, I don't really get you. :scratch:

Marios

I mean i want it to start in a minimized window.

Pauli

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-automatically-start-a-program-minimized-in-windows/ might help.

Usually Windows / the software in question remembers the size of the window you had when you close the program. When you restart it, the size of the window will be the same, as well as the location. You can, actually, determine the size of a window - it's not just "pick from the Windows engineering".

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.