Windows 7 start-up issue

Jim Peters

How can I remove or change the start-up page which says "welcome"? I don't care to be "welcomed" by an unconscious thing, a machine, my computer. This has annoyed me for years and I want to put an end to it.

Wow, that sounds really destructive...

Anyways, I heard on DeviantART that it is possible to change it to stuff like the Aperture Symbol (Portal, Portal II). Try it a search!

I must say, rather live with the Welcome than try all sort of magic. It would seem that the Welcome screen can be changed to Log In -screen, or it can be get rid of by a phone call to xxxxxx-ccccccc-xxxxxx or something, and the latter I do not recommend.

Not being rude, but sometimes you just have to live with things: each time I start my car, I have to look at these half a dozen lights...

Thanks for these suggestions. I still can't find any info on how to change the Windows 7 start page picture. Is there no option from Microsoft? Is there no access to whatever image program is producing it?

There's a deeper issue: I believe it is psychologically unhealthy to become accustomed to machines appearing to express themselves as if they are conscious.

Back
Top Bottom