Start-Up Lag

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Shawn819, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Shawn819

Shawn819 New Member

I'm curious if anyone else's PC is taking a little while to boot. Once I get past the POST screen and the screen goes black and you see "Windows 7" or whatever it says, it sits there a good 90 seconds or so before the colored Windows logo comes into view and boots normally. Considering there is no lag once it's booted up and shut down is about 4-5 seconds, I'm guessing there's an issue. Any ideas for what may be causing it?

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (6.1.7600)
    AMD Phenom 8450
    Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H
    6GB DDR2 1066
    150GB WD Velociraptor (OS Drive)
    74GB WD Raptor
    320GB WD Caviar
    PNY 9600GT
    Creative X-Fi

2. tblount

tblount New Member

Check your Administrator logs under Event Viewer / custom views It's probably has listed a driver that is not working or hardware that is timing out. I think you can also reduce the time out delay if you can't fix the problem.

3. Shawn819

Shawn819 New Member

I have these 3 around the time I booted up:

• Name resolution for the name _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.launchmodem.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
    • Name resolution for the name isatap.launchmodem.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
    • Name resolution for the name wpad.launchmodem.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

4. tblount

tblount New Member

I googled for "launchmode.com fix" results mostly showed fixes for bellsouth modems... some suggested resetting the modem... There is a lot to read so you can probably find a solution now you know the problem.