Start up problem in Win 7 due to installing Win 8 themes

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by gattuji, Feb 26, 2012.

1. gattuji

gattuji New Member

Hi,

I have tried to install win 8 themes in my Win 7 home premium. Few DLL changes were suggested there. After making those instructed changes, it was required to restart the system. Before that it was instructed to disable UAC. I forgot to disable UAC and restarted my laptop.

Now I am seeing welcome screen without displaying logon window. And now I am not able to logon in the system any more. I am struck here.

We have removed all passwords using bios. But still system is struck in the same screen. I am not able to get into the system in any way including command prompt.

I have some critical data in my C drive.

Anyone of you please help me out to get me out of this trouble. I want to save my data.

And system is showing no error message or crash message.

Thanks in Advance.

2. gattuji

gattuji New Member

[HR][/HR]Now using Windows 7 dvd I can access my command prompt. I have saved my data also ... still i m thinking not to reinstall windows in my lap. Now is there any way to correct my startup using command prompt

3. gattuji

gattuji New Member

Its Solved ..

1. Use Wim DVD to boot system.
    2. Use command prompt to copy paste your critical files form C drive to in other drives.
    3. I knew the names of DLL's I changed hence
    Using command prompts I went to those DLL's and Replaced them with the originals.

System is working fine now ... Thank you Guys/

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Anytime you can get into a command prompt, you can also run the System File Checker (SFC) from offline.

Glad you got it working..